That dumb stuff seems to escalate when you’re pregnant, when you have kids, and when you’ve been married for 2 minutes and don’t have kids yet. OK, pretty much at every chapter in your life, someone will have something completely dumb to say about your situation.
The moment I became pregnant with #3, it started. “Oh you’re probably hoping for a boy!” That’s like nails on a chalkboard and a whole other blog post…stay tuned!
Not only am I getting the usual weird pregnancy comments, I’ve recently stepped into the world of “Things people say when they find out you’re not finding out the gender of your baby.”
“1. Don’t you want to know?!”
2. “Don’t you want to know if it’s finally a boy/girl!”
Second, how exactly would you suggest me to “try” for a boy? Any tips? 😉 In all honesty, the gender just doesn’t matter to me. I could have 5 girls and be beyond happy in life. I have two girls right now and they are complete opposites. I don’t have 2 Sophia’s or 2 Penelope’s; I have 1 Sophia and 1 Penelope.
Then I’ll introduce you to my best friend who has had four miscarriages and would give anything in the world to have a healthy baby, regardless of it’s gender. (That just got serious…) Gender disappointment needs to be shot dead and if you’ve had gender disappointment at one point, just consider yourself lucky you have that child.
You’ll love your little bundle no matter the gender
Being an emotional/moody pregnant woman I can’t guarantee I wouldn’t knock someone out or give them a piece of my mind laden with cuss words, if they said “oh no, I’m so sorry you’re having another girl, there’s always hope with #4”. Let me go ahead and puke right on your face.
3. “How are you going to prepare?!”
Closer to delivery I will buy 5-10 returnable newborn outfits for a boy and 1 new “going home” outfit for a girl. If it’s a girl, my husband will bring all clothes bins out of storage; and if it’s a boy a quick phone call to some friends will give me enough clothes to cloth an army. I’ve already notified them of this.
4. “Oh man I could never do that, I’m such a planner!”
5. “How are you handling the wait?!”
7. “You’re definitely having a girl, look at your belly.” or “It’s a boy, I can tell by your face shape.”
8. “But it’s a surprise no matter when you find out.”
9. “We wanted to keep it a surprise but we NEEDED to find out because _____________ (Insert any of the above).”
10. “That’s going to be so exciting!”